Idris Talib Solomon
I aim to tell stories that are often overlooked and lack representation.
I focus on telling long form stories based on the African American community.
I photograph dancers in Harlem, a funeral home in
East New York and muralists in Bushwick.
In 2016, I was awarded a Fulbright Fellowship to photograph Hip Hop culture in Ghana. I was also accepted into the Eddie Adams Workshop
Currently, I work as a freelance photojournalist
in New York City.
New York Times, Bloomberg News, NBC News, Brooklyn Historical Society, Brooklyn Conservatory of Music, Drone Racing League, YouTube, Swatch.
Awards & Recognition
- The Fence 2018 Outdoor Exhibition
- Eddie Adams Workshop XXIX - 2016
- 2016 Fulbright Fellowship - Accra, Ghana
- 2016 Reuters Mentorship
- New York Times Lens Blog
- American Photography 34 Winner
- New York Times Portfolio Review